Tibet Relief Fund UK charity number: 1061834
Tibet Relief Fund works to empower Tibetans to build sustainable communities and better futures through education and innovative practical grassroots initiatives.
There are currently around 150,000 Tibetans living in exile, since the first wave of refugees fled their homes in 1959 to escape China’s occupation. Tibetan’s still living inside Tibet are marginalised and denied fundamental rights, with their religious beliefs, cultural identity and ways of life under serious threat. Tibetan refugees living in settlements in India and Nepal have limited access to healthcare, education or work opportunities. This makes it difficult for them to build sustainable livelihoods and develop their communities, and leaves them vulnerable to crises.
- Working with Tibetan exile communities for over 60 years
- Works with grassroots Tibetan-led organisations & communities
- Provides key community facilities e.g. schools & medical centres
- Provides medical supplies, care and community healthcare
- Supports children’s education and youth skills training
- Supports monks & nuns to uphold Tibetan traditions and beliefs
- Provides comfort and security for elders in the community
- Provides emergency support
News and Updates From Tibet Relief Fund
- Big Give appeal: The gift of early literacy materials and learning opportunities to rural Tibetan children
- New Dental Equipment Helps to Improve Oral Health of Mundgod Tibetan Community
- Tibet Relief Fund sponsors meet with TCV President Ama Jetsun Padma to Discuss Education and Support for Tibetans
- Our new Enlightened Gifts catalogue is here!
- Closed: Job: Part-time Sponsorship Coordinator
- Empowering the Vision, opened their new offices
- Our greetings cards are now available for you to buy online
- Please give generously to help Tibetan children give voice to their dreams